8 Fall Safety Tips for Your Dog

0
fall safety tips for dogs

The Fall is recognized by temperature changes, and the intensity of cold feels higher at night. Therefore, we must bear in mind that the pet’s body will be affected by these changes, such as hair loss, bone pain, and colds. Petviewers write the following suggestions as to the Fall safety tips that bring happiness to your dog.

Weight control

Due to cold and wet weather, dogs do not walk more than the usual routine. This may increase their risk of weight gain. Take your pet to the vet to check its weight. 45% of dogs are overweight this season. If you do not want to risk the health of your dog, avoid giving them too many snacks or crumbs.

Anxiety about spending time with you

Some dogs may feel anxious when they are alone at home. Their atmosphere became gloomy. After get off work or studies, don’t forget to take your dog a walk at night and play outdoors games to avoid obesity and build muscle. Due to this body adjusts to the variation of the climate.

Deworming vaccines

Your pet must continue vaccination programs such as deworming and pentavalent vaccines to protect against canine fever, hepatitis, and cough. Do not forget to take the vaccination record card and schedule the next vaccination of your furry friend on your cell phone.

Hair shedding

The common shedding seasons are spring and fall. Therefore, brush it regularly to avoid skin problems such as dermatitis. Don’t let the hair tangle, because it will make it difficult for new fur to come out, you can use scissors to remove the spots.

Related: 10 Rare Hairless Dog Breeds

Continuous colds

With the arrival od the cold, the immune system of dogs weakens, making them more susceptible to colds. In this scenario, you should give warm water to drink. Observe the dog’s reaction. If you notice more watery eyes or sneezing than usual, please take it to the vet.

Bone pain

Adult dogs can suffer from bone problems such as osteoarthritis and arthritis. In this condition, the care is more precise. Control the movement of pets and the food they consume. If cartilage damages (a flexible connective tissue), it causes pain and inflation. The vet will only be your collaborator to supply the medicine for your dog.

Antifreeze

Antifreeze is a liquid additive that decreases the freezing point. In cold, everyone cleans their car radiators with antifreeze. It is actually a deadly poison with a delightful smell that dogs really love to smell. Its half tablespoon may cause your dog’s death. So, it is highly recommended to be careful about antifreeze at your home. Keep it a secure place where dogs can’t even smell this toxic antifreeze. If you doubt that your dog has drunk antifreeze, take him instantly to the vet.

Symptoms of antifreeze:

  • Vomiting
  • Depression
  • Problem in breathing
  • Generally resembling uncoordinated

Mushrooms. 

Fall is the season of mushrooms. This is a fact that 99% of the mushrooms are non-toxic but the remaining 1% may be dangerous for your dog. It is quite difficult to differentiate between them. So, it is recommended to keep your dog away from mushrooms.

Final thoughts

It is worth mentioning that, the health care you need as a person this season, your pet also requires. Don’t forget about them, they are living beings that need our love and protection.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here